Pages

Monday, 15 January 2018

Strangers




In the past I always thought who would be my true love, sorry that would be too much to say ….not True Love, but yeah I always hoped for the girl who could understand every little bit of me ,emotional, bewildered and mopey me. But then after so many rejections one day, one fine day my eyes stopped searching, my heart start beating in another rhyme. And that day I met a stranger, I met you.



To the world I don’t know but you are quiet reserved but for me you are a mystery a mystery unrevealed. They admire you always, but you like to keep distances so do I. And I wish, I wished I could talk to you more, know you better, your juvenile form. Learn a thing or two about you, to reveal your mystery or to be a part of that mystery.

And I did learn. By observing you, noticing your routines, noticing each and every detail to discover the hidden treasure lying inside you, the winsomeness of yours. I learn from the whispers shared by others, from overheard words, which you spoke to someone else.

With the passing night, as you became less of a stranger to me, you end up being more like a mystery wrapped in an enigma. And I realized that you were creation of her own, creature of beauty. It would be ignominious to describe your mesmerizing soul in words.



Somehow this admiration I feel is inevitable. Sometimes some people even call it crush.

But it doesn’t look like as everyone thinks, it’s painful, really dreadful feelings you could have in you. I feel love not the materialistic one but the love which blends the soul, combines the psyche. I don’t expect anything out of this or from you. I never have. I just love being a silent spectator.

Perhaps I’m not meant to be. Perhaps this distance, between us, that’s what keeps me sane.

But for someone who is at that distance from you, I know a lot about you. I know about your hairs, those curly hairs which you wished to be straight. And also about that wisdom tooth which gives you such endearing look, although that wisdom tooth has nothing to do with you cause you are such dopey. How you forget everything even the most important things too. I know you like black and full sleeves. You like to party, you love those around you. I know your five minutes aftershock of laughing when you try to understand the joke. I know your eyes rumple at the edges when you smile.



There’s a lot I know about you but there are lot more which I would like to know. Beneath a lonely banyan tree, under the stars, in the rain.

Somewhere. Anywhere. But let just blame that on you being a mystery for now. Shall we?

Because I think I already know a lot, and I’m someone you’ll never really know.



I’m just a stranger you were not looking for.

























-Deepak Joshi





- Credits

Terrible tiny tales





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Complexity of Four Letters

“Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes, But it is the only thing that I know. And when it gets hard, you know it ...